One of my favorite things to do during the Halloween Season is to visit The Irvine Park Railroad Pumpkin Patch. We’ve gone almost every year since my son was born and he’s seven years old now.
My son loves to run around the Pumpkin Patch and attempt to lift the heavier pumpkins. It is quite hilarious. My favorite part of this Pumpkin Patch is actually the photo opportunities. There are piles of pumpkins which are perfect for photos and also cute photo stands with cut-outs for the kids to stick their heads in. The photos come out hilarious.
But the best part is taking pictures year after year…to see how big the kids are getting.
This first photo was taken of my son and my best friend’s daughter when they were 17 and 19 months old, Stella is 2 months older (2006):
The Pumpkin Patch is open daily through Halloween, and entry is free to the Pumpkin Patch with purchase of parking, $3-7 (varies on days). Although entry is free to the Pumpkin Patch, various activities throughout the Pumpkin Patch have seperate fees:
Each activity costs tickets. A ticket is $4, and you can buy a book of 15 tickets for $50, which is a $10 savings.
- Train Ride: $4 for train ride, 12 months and younger are FREE.
- Hay Ride: $4 for hay ride, 12 months and younger are FREE.
- John Deere Tractor Racers: $4 for a ride on the racers, only allowed for ages 5-8.
- Pumpkin Patch Cookie Decorating: $4 for one person.
- Facepainting: $8 for face painting, available only on weekends.
- Carnival Games: $4 each game.
- Panning for Gold: $8 per person.
- Halloween Bounce House Jumper: $4 for 10 minutes of jump time.
For more information, please check the Irvine Park Railroad Pumpkin Patch website.