This Giveaway is now closed. Congratulations to the prize pack winner, Laura Crawford!
Get ready, San Diegans, for one full day full of music, art, dancing, crafts, games, and reading, all for KIDS. The Hullabaloo Family Arts Festival was founded by its namesake, San Diego’s own kids folk music duo, Hullabaloo. My kids and I first saw them last year at the San Diego Botanic Garden (formerly known as the Quail Botanical Garden) and all of us fell in love with them.
Their energy and enthusiasm is contagious and the kids can’t help themselves but to get up and dance whenever these two guys are on stage. As they say themselves, “We play the time-tested favorites we all grew up with and we write songs that make kids laugh, think, sing, dance, clap and stomp their feet.” Hullabaloo will play two sets at the festival, one at noon and one at 3:00pm, and they will be joined by several other kids bands and storytellers like: Bucket Ruckus, The Hollow Trees, and Patty Hall. Check here for the schedule of music acts.
In addition to all the music and dancing, there will also be plenty of other fun activities including: a petting zoo, a dress-up zone, a children’s lit area, kida yoga, a baby sign language demonstration by Joann of Sign4Baby, and a creativity zone sponsored by the awesome artists of Art Soup. You can bring your own food in but there will also be yummy food trucks so you can buy food there.
Here are the important deets:
Hullabaloo Family Arts Festival
- Date: Saturday, September 22nd
- Time: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Location: Liberty Station NTC Promenade, also know as the North Promenade
- Admission: $7 per person; children under the age of 1 are free; Family Pack of tickets: $20 for up to five family members total (note: due to a technical snag with our ticket vendor, we are not able to offer the family-pack online. Families can purchase them the day of, or we will be selling them at a few of Steve’s shows in the next few weeks.)
We are giving away a wickedly awesome prize pack to one lucky winner.
PRIZE PACK INCLUDES:
– one Family Pack of tickets, good for up to 5 people (children under 1 year are free)
– A FREE copy of Hullabaloo’s newest CD, Raise a Ruckus!
– A Clif Kid goodie bag
– A free pass to Mon Petit Chateau, good for a one-day visit, up to three children (siblings only)
– one $50 gift card to Renewal By Andersen Windows
– 1 pass to Smart Kids Time, courtesy of SoCal Kids San Diego
– 1 family pass to the Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theatre, also courtesy of SoCal Kids San Diego
– $20 of babysitting services from Urban Sitter!
TO ENTER GIVEAWAY: Please leave a comment telling us your favorite kids musical group. Giveaway ends on Wednesday, September 12th at 11:59 PM PST and winner will be announced on Thursday, September 13th.
Disclaimer: I was a given a family pack of tickets in exchange for this blog post, but the opinions stated here are all my own in honesty.
You might also be interested in these posts: