Mama Mary is the host of the her own blog The Mama Mary Show, a freelance writer, author of Dead Dads Club, a mom to two spunky little girls and an a over-zealous GLEEk.

More from this author »
RECENT PINS

How I EmbarrASSed Myself When I Met Jim Carrey

Last week I had the incredible opportunity to attend the press junket for the new Jim Carrey movie, Mr. Popper’s Penguins. Meeting Jim Carrey was beyond memorable, not only because he is a charismatic superstar, but also because I made an ass of myself. Watch this video for the full story.

Thankfully, in between my blunders, I was actually able to get in a few articulate questions. CLICK HERE to read more about my interview with Jim Carrey and CLICK HERE to read my “Sappy Mom” review of the film.

******

Mr. Popper’s Penguins opens in theaters on June 17th, 2011.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments (13)

1. Tedi 11/25/2012 at 11:01 am

After I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any way you can take away me from that service? Thanks!

2. Pingback: Meet Mr. Popper’s Leading Ladies « « San Diego Mama San Diego Mama

3. Meg McCann 06/11/2011 at 7:32 pm

Mary – You’re hilarious! Don’t be too hard on yourself!

Megs 🙂

4. rani 06/10/2011 at 7:20 pm

HIlarious!!!!!!!!!! I admire you for taking on the dare woman!

5. Lindsey 06/10/2011 at 3:35 pm

if anyone can pull it off and make a How To video about it its YOU – forever adorable so where is YOUR agent BTW.

6. I love you quirky vids! I think you are brave for doing what you did, even if you did feel a bit embarrassed. I’m sure he had a few moments like this in his day! Great job and thanks for not being too embarrassed to share with the rest of us.

7. Pingback: TodaysMama | Blog | How I EmbarrASSed Myself When I Met Jim Carrey

8. Meredith 06/10/2011 at 10:15 am

I adore you.

have I said that before? Anyway, a few month’s ago I had a similar opp. interviewing Mr Funny- as- S*@T Russell Brand for his epic role as the Easter Bunny in Hop.

I decided to ask him to compare Aldus Snow to his role as EB. Pregnant pause here.

He made something up about them both being addicts or something, all the while I’m sure trying to figure out what exactly I had smoked before he walked into the room.

LOVED your tips. If I ever get the chance to do it again, I’m taking your advice with me.

Enjoy the weekend Super Mary!
    m

9. Anthony from CharismaticKid 06/10/2011 at 8:44 am

Ha I would have been a worse interviewer than that… TRUST ME.

10. heidi @ wonder woman wannabe 06/10/2011 at 8:40 am

i love hearing your stories! – i’m sure he thought you were completely adorable – hence the smiles. 😉

11. Mama Kat 06/10/2011 at 1:04 am

HEY THERE’S ALWAYS NEXT TIME RIGHT!?!?!

Orrr…not. But you know it made for an entertaining video so at least there’s that.

12. Chelsea 06/10/2011 at 12:14 am

OMG! I did NOT realize that you said “We’re her to a**”… That is hilarious! I’m still waiting for you to do your butt cheek move in front of him 🙂

13. Pingback: Mr. Popper’s Penguins—A Sappy Mom’s Review « « San Diego Mama San Diego Mama